Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy fathers day

Well, that's the nicest way I can put it. From Monday morning through Friday evening . . . this has been a long, rough week. Both kids got put to bed early tonight because a pleasant bbq on the back patio turned into yet another meltdown of disastrous proportions.

I actually avoided blogging all week because it was going to be another one of those weeks and I've been working so hard at being more positive. But this week can get ripped out of the calendar and burned.

We did have some bright moments in between the meltdowns. Zachary participated in a little nature camp this week up at Stough Canyon Nature Center. Monday, Wednesday & Friday (well, not so much Wed cause he had a meltdown and wouldn't go to class for the first half) he got dropped off from 9 to 12noon with lots of other 3 - 5 year olds. They went hiking, did art projects and came back really dirty. They made bugs out of apples & cream cheese & raisins & pretzels. They made bug boxes and caught lots of little critters. They read stories in the library and got to meet lots of lizards & snakes & turtles up close and personal. Other than Wednesday, Zach seemed to really, really like it. Kenzie threw a tantrum each time we dropped him off because she wanted to stay at nature camp too.

Tuesday we had a play date with a couple of kids from Zach's Tiny Tots class . . . and Thursday afternoon we went swimming over at Connor & Griffin's condo complex. I think we are going to set up a standing swim date for the rest of summer.

This weekend is Father's Day . . . and my goal is to try to make it as nice for Justin as possible. I do know that I am the luckiest woman alive to have such a patient man at my side (although he is the one who sent Kenzie to bed early tonight; Zach was all me). He is my very best friend and I couldn't make it through this chaotic mess that is parenting if he weren't holding my hand. We have some fun things planned for the weekend . . . but not too much because I am not optimistic that the kids will behave. But we'll see what happens.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads we know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive